Monday, December 12, 2011

What are the functions of secretary of the branch?

I'm a member of a youth wing of a political party in College. I'm new and only joined last month, but i love politics and think with a bit of experience I could be a very good member.





We have our AGM soon and I've thinking of running for election to branch secretary.





So basically I'm asking for a list of functions of what the secretary of the branch does. I know s/he takes the minutes of each meeting, but what else does he/she do?





Thanks very much for answering!|||Hey Lucas. I wasn't all that sure so I did a quick Google on its functions within Australia and I'm sure they'd be quite similar. I'm just gonna copy and paste some dotpoints edited only slightly by myself =P





Branches have responsibility for furthering the objectives of their political party within each jurisdiction. They must operate within the written policies of the government (not sure if that point is relevant Lucas..)





The Branch Secretary is responsible for:








-maintaining current register of members at Branch level


-maintaining minutes of all Branch Executive meetings


-organising Branch meetings (including disseminating notices)


-maintaining minutes of all Branch meetings


-maintaining register of all incoming and outgoing correspondence


-ensuring outstanding correspondence is dealt with











-raa *hug*|||I clicked this Q by accident and you lost me at the question's topic...|||besides minutes, secretary answers phones, directs calls, sets up appointments, keeps records of business transactions and meetings, prepares checks for signature, gets the mail, does the banking deposits, and lastly and MOST IMPORTANTLY: gets coffee for the boss and his guests.|||Wow, people aren't very helpful.


I have some smart contacts who can more than likely help you out with an answer to this, so I will star this and hope some of them come along :]





(((Luke)))

No comments:

Post a Comment