Thursday, December 15, 2011

What branch of the military do Marines dislike the most?

It seems like every branch dislikes the Marines, or they talk bad about them at least. So, who do the Marines dislike/ trash talk the most and why?|||First off I have to clarify my belief as to why we're disliked...We're generally ornery put in tough situations i.e. short manned in a forward area, seeing as we're no where near as large in force as the army, we tend to train one Marine to cover duties that would utilize 2-3 soldiers or more. We Marines Just know we're the best, can't be bragging if it's a fact... Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" Not to mention the jealousy over how good we look in our Blues... So, we got a chip on our shoulder, and we're proud to boast it. Others are caught up in a long history of competition, and as far back as doing the dirty work of being a marksman firing down on mutinous squids on old school frigates, to being hot spot warriors in Vietnam, and assuming the army's duties as base holders in Iraq due to shortage of troops, we flaunt our skill and lack of resources, and general ability to overcome obstacles others fail at. Personally I've known solid and honorable military members from all branches, and while we bust their chops there's an underlying respect for anyone in uniform, serving our proud nation. Personally I chastise the Air Force more, referring to them as the "Chair Force". They fly drones remotely from the U.S., bomb from miles above, and used to get hazard duty pay for bunking at 29 Palms Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center. Generally in the rear with the gear, call them REM, or POGs...but I gotta say chow on an Air Base has got to be the best across the board...my two cents.|||Im a Marine, and to put it simple, we feel that we train harder than everybody else, and the fact is that we do. We have the higest percent of our branch in direct combat roles and we should be respected for that aspect,





on the other hand the people the Marines respect the most are the Navy Corpsmen because they are our medics and fight just as hard as we do.





I hope this helped, Mike|||When I was in the Marines, we hated the Air Force but only because for the most part, they have it easy, have better quarters and better food.|||Based on their own re-enlistment numbers....there own.





DOD Average reenlistment rate: 71%





Army: 64%


Navy: 68%


Air Force: 81%


USMC: 34%





"But don't take my work for it."....*sigh*|||Civilians. The branches will work amongst each other. Civilians are the true hindrance to war and the objective of the military.|||what the heck? why would the marines hate the navy? you know what marine stands for, right? M-men A-always R-riding I-in N-navy E-equiptment. they should be thanking us, not hating us.|||Marines usually carry a grudge against the Navy but it's the Navy that gives them a ride to wherever they need to go.|||I like the Navy, they're good guys. I like all the branches. All the ribbing we give out is all in good fun. I don't dislike any other service member.|||Im army but last time I was in Iraq I was stationed at a marine COB. I had no problems with them but from the way they wrote in the port a johns, I think they hate about everyone.|||They hate everybody.|||I believe it's the Army because they are at the bottom of the food chain. But don't take my work for it.|||probably the navy because they are p ussies

No comments:

Post a Comment