Thursday, December 8, 2011

What US Military branch is best for someone that is interested in a career in forensics?

I am currently in college looking to serve in the military. Justtrying to get some information. I am currently an anthropology major. I am Highly interested in forensic science, criminal justice, and osteology(bones). I would love some information about which military branch(s) offer careers/specialties in forensic science or anthropology type things. Please help me out!|||I'm not sure but I would imagine it would be the one with the most dead people.|||The Answer for a BRANCH, saddly the Army if you really want to go into the military. It's more likely you can pick a job in the Army as long as you have good line scores on your ASVAB rather than be put in a general service area as with some branches. Look into C.I.D or Military Intelligence. 92M is interesting if you only like to deal with remains but I'd try to see what the requirements for C.I.D are.|||Perhaps you should finish your degree plan and apply for the FBI. They have jobs requiring the skill set you have mentioned. The military really doesn't unless you can find a slot in NCIS or the CID. Those jobs will be few and far in between and the majority who man them are civilian with GS ratings.





Semper Fi,


Z|||really any branch. But probably becoming military police or intel would be your best bet for a job that has those kind of skills and schools that you can be sent to. For myself I am a usmc mp and i've just gone to a combat related battle site forensics course which was really good.|||The military uses civilians to do these jobs. It does not make sense to go through the expense of training somebody to be a military officer when they are not going to be leading troops.|||Military Intelligence|||Truthfully, none of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment