Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the best branch of the US Military for women to become pilots?

Im 15 and im trying to start preparing myself for a career in the US Military, my prefered career path would be a fighter jet pilot. In which branch would I have a better chance of doing so? Also, Is there a specific age in which I can start meeting with recruiters? I'd like to know everything possible before I enlist for training. Thank you so much! -Sydney.|||Air force or Army helicopters. "you must have a college degree before becoming a pilot, so keep studying and stay in school and shoot for the stars..... Army has the WOFT program... Warrant Officer Flight Training program...|||hey Sydney!


I'm 16 and I want to do to same thing. I want to be a fighter jet pilot for the navy because I think they get payed more than the marine fighter pilots. I'm not sure if you have to be a specific age to meet with recruiters. But you can go to different functions that they have on the military base or the air force base and meet different people that way! Or you can look for different air force web sites and see if you can some how get in contact with any recruiters. They also have programs for students who are in the 6th - 12th grade that will teach them what to expect when they join the U.S. Military.





And you asked "What is the best branch of the US Military for women to become pilots?" I say the Air Force.





My dad is an X-Army man and now he works with the solders at the Military base. I go with him some times and hang out with the soldiers out there, it's fun, you should try it. You should go to a military function, like their air show... and stuff like that :)





~ %26lt;3 De 1 n onli princess %26lt;3 ~|||You will need a Degree in Mathematics to become an Air Force Pilot.|||The Air Force would be the best branch. They have the largest number of fighter aircraft, plus they have all the best ones like the F-15, F-16, F-22...



Plus, you don't have to be shot off the deck of a carrier. You can land on solid ground after each and every mission.



The Navy is still really sexist in many regards. Not as much now, as in the past. But remnants of it keep poking its ugly head out every now and then.



PS...only officers can fly fighter jets (Navy, USMC and AF) since the Army has none. And to be a commissioned officer, you need a 4 year degree from an accredited university or college.



To increase your chances of getting a flight slot, you should try and get an appointment to the USAF Academy in Colorado. Most pilot slots are given to Academy graduates, but if you're really good and smart, you can get one coming in through ROTC. The Academy is like 4 years of basic training, with classes, but if that's what you want, that's the best route to take.|||I would say the AF. I dont about women pilots in the military but I would think the AF would be your best choice. The specific age to talk to a recuriter is 17 with a parent and once you graduate, you can enlist. Good luck!



F off, AF haters!|||My trollsense is tingling...|||How about studying as hard as you can and prepare yourself for a career as a commercial pilot. What would the military offer you that the commercial airlines can't?or would you prefer an early grave?


'

No comments:

Post a Comment