Thursday, December 8, 2011

How do I trim a tree branch so it grows again?

I have a branch on my Japanese Maple that is half dead (there are leaves near the tree but the end is bare). I want to cut off the dead part so maybe the branch will grow again. I seem to remember that you either need to cut it straight or at an angle to encourage future growth. Which is it?|||About a 45 degree angle


http://ceinyo-mono.ucdavis.edu/newslette鈥?/a>|||that branch will never grow back. all you can do is prune (cut) off the dead part and see what happens.


neither of those solution is correct for making a branch grow back again. to protect the tree you could coat the cut with some kind of lacquer or something like that so no bugs can enter where you make the cut.|||cut it straight , a 'bit' above a healthy looking shoot/bud . get well rid of it , along with dead leaves on the ground .

No comments:

Post a Comment