Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the best military branch to join?

I am planning to join the military but I dont know which may be the best to join. Please let me know which military branch would be best. Im kinda leaning towards the Air Force but keeping my options open. Please let me know what you think. Thanx.|||The United States Military|||I may be biased but I served in both the Army and the Navy encompassing 22 years. The Army tour I had was composed of 6 months training, 26 months in Vietnam (Jan 70 - Mar 72) and I was allowed to get out four months early (a three-year hitch). Approximately 20 months after the Army I served in the U.S. Navy. I found out that promotion is far easier in the Navy. You may advance from E-1, at boot camp to possibly E-3 based on your abilities. After six months, at your first duty station, you can take a test in the field that you're in and you have a good chance of being promoted to E-4. Every year after that a harder test will be administered and you will eventually be advanced to E-6. After E-6, you seem to need some advanced education, a varied duty station resume, and a lot of luck. I don't know about the USMC. I do know the Air Force appears to be really, really slow in promoting people and you don't really get to see the world. The Navy deploys on ships aircraft, and shore stations world-wide. They have lots of jobs - electronics, clerical, etc., just about anything you are interested in. They are not ground-pounders, thereby you won't have to worry about land mines or actual hand-to-hand combat unless you join the SEALs. A nice thing to think about considering our involvement on two fronts - Iraq and Afghanistan these days. I hope this helps you.|||Air Force probably has the best overall quality of living, You will probably get more travel time in the Navy. You can probably find just about job you want to have in the Army. Marines are just badass lol. I actually don't know that much about marines as I haven't really worked with them, but talk to all the recuriters and see what kind of feel you get from each.|||The Coast Guard is said to be the most mentally challenging and it involves a lot of swimming. But it is the most likely branch to keep you right here in the good ol' USA. Any other branch is going to ship you straight to Afghanistan. And believe me, it's only getting worse. I left the Army four yrs ago and I still have nightmares. Anxiety problems. Think I'm gonna kill someone. But that's what they want. So if you join any branch, enjoy the rest of your "life"|||Stupid question. How the **** am I suppose to know what the best branch is for you? Do I look like your mother? I can already tell that the Marine Corps is no place for you, because you are a lazy piece of amphibian **** who doesn't take any initiative. Get your *** off the couch and do some research, nobody is going to do it for you.|||There is no one best branch, it is all up to you and what you bring to the military.|||Marines if your "hardcore"





Airforce if your "smart"|||join the mexican military, o da le holmes.... u join, they give tacos|||The Salvation Army. I'm telling you this based on everything I know about you. I don't think you should be around weapons to be honest, because you are silly enough to ask strangers a deeply personal complex question.

No comments:

Post a Comment