Thursday, December 8, 2011

What is the best branch of the military for healthcare careers?

I am studying to become a surgical technologist and I will be 28 when I am done. Which branch would be the best for me to enlist in? I am interested in going to medical school in the future as well and would hope to have them pay for it. Any tips or advice regarding life in the military is also very helpful. Thanks!|||Anything airforce|||I have neighbors that went into the military to start their careers in the health field. One is a flight nurse and the other is an RN. They both started in the Air Force and are now in the Army National Guard. Hope that helps. Be prepared to go to Baghdad if you take this route. One of them had to go but the other didn't. Not sure how you feel about this. You can talk to your recruiter about that.|||I was injured in Afghanistan. I was treated by Air Force (mostly), Navy for a day, then Army (switching back and forth with civilian nurses). I honestly have to say that the Air Force medical corps seemed the most squared away and well trained, then Navy, then Army. This is coming from a Soldier (Army).|||either airforce, navy, or army... marines have no medical corps. id suggest airforce though since they have the best quality of life and you're not exactly looking to play infantry...

No comments:

Post a Comment