Thursday, December 8, 2011

If you want to make the military a career what branch would you choose?

I plan on making the military my career so i can retire in 20 years if i wanted to. I want to join a branch where i can advance to higher ranks. In the Air Force i know its hard to get past Captain so thats out of the picture and i've already served in the AF and their cutting back. Its between the Army Navy and Marines. I heard the Army is the biggest branch and there is a lot of room to advance. How is it in the Navy and Marines is really competitive? So basically what branch climbs up the grade ladder quicker and slowest?|||it doesn't matter what branch you join!


It's all up to YOU how far you want to advance!


besides, join the military because you are a patriot! not, how fast you can advance!


How do you even know that you'll make it to 20 years?


can't predict that! too many variables!|||mikey m - At ease maggot!YOU are an arrogant SOB! Now I know that you won't or can't hack it to 20 yrs in the military!





Been there, done that %26amp; more - U.S. Army (retired) 30 years!


Hooah!

Report Abuse


|||get a job flipping burgers at McD!

Report Abuse


|||YOU don't know me!

Report Abuse


|||SOB, huh i rest my case you crazy lonely man. I have a good idea what to expect since my dad retired as CSM 30 years in the Army. He got his E-9 grade before his twenty year mark and he would classify you as a "arrogant SOB." Get a life, sir.

Report Abuse


|||***** off !loser!

Report Abuse


|||great! Your dad sucked up to the right people to make E-9 in twenty years!





Go stick your head up the brass's ***! thats the only way you going to make it in the military! REMF!

Report Abuse


|||i bet your stuck at some low paying gs job and your time in service has nothing to show for. apparently you like to discourage young motivated men as myself. Your acting a like a twelve year old, sir.

Report Abuse


|||If you already served then you should be well on your way to retirement, you better join something, time is money|||Before I joined the military I talked to a retired Marine corp. I asked him that very same question and his reply. If you want to kill join the Marines. If you want a career go Army. But, if I was you I would go AF. Specially if you kick the ASVABS @$$. That can go a long way.|||Try the army.|||Since I don't know which climbs the ladder quicker (except the Air Force!), I'd like to suggest two more "branches." My brother was in the AF and he, too, found promotion a pain. He finally got out because it was so hard to move up.





How about either the National Guard or the Coast Guard? They are both important from a philosophical standpoint and they both allow you to have a personal life with fewer disruptions from being moved around the world.





My uncle was a career National Guardsman and he did very well, lived in the same area his entire life so was close to his family, never faced cutbacks and retired on a very nice officer's retirement.|||what i would do is talk to them all and see which one you like the most. then make an informed decision based on all available information.|||I was in the Navy,lots of good ports pf call.better treatment to dependents. Less chance of getting killed.





It's your choice but I'd never want to walk around gettin shot at.|||I'm totally for the Marine Corps but joining just to get a high status eh? Kind of low wouldn't you say but to each its own I guess.|||Air Force of course|||My advise to you is go where you think you will belong.





Don't join a trade thinking how fast you will advance, join a trade that you know you will enjoy being part of. Military life is full of adventures and you will make tons of friends, go where you want and don't focus on promotion yet. They will come in any trade.





I chose to become an infantry officer and I am proud of what I am and what I do.





I am Canadian so I can't answer your question, but for sure they will never lack officers in the Army or Marines so I think you may get promoted faster than AF or Navy.|||id go marines for sure.|||it's all about the Air Force!





and why don't you want to join to serve your country?

No comments:

Post a Comment