Thursday, December 15, 2011

What branch of military do you think would be the best to go into?

Most people say that the Navy or the Air Force is the best branch of military to get into. Which is better?|||It all depends on what you want to do and what works for you but here's some thoughts





I am prior Army, Air force and present Navy dependant and I can tell you the Air Force is a lot better to their men and women but you will be most likely stuck in one place. And more then likely the US. With the Navy you are most always guarunteed a chance to see some of the world. It's a bit hard on the family emotionally if you have a wife and child along the way because you are 75% of the time gonna leave for a period of time. So you need to look at the whole picture. My hubby's on a carrier and has been gone for 1 year and 3 months of our 2 yr 4 month marriage. Not all at one time but total so what ever you choose look at the big picture. Check out their sites. Both are wonderful calling and I admire your desire to serve your loved ones and our nation. Rock on no matter if you choose to be in the chair force or be a squid.|||The main factor's in considering each of these two branches are: what you wanna do, and do you get seasick. If you get seasick you don't wanna join the Navy, because everyone spends time on a Ship. Unless you go Submarine. If you go in the Navy never call a ship a boat. The only thing you can refer to as a boat in the Navy is a Sub. You'll travel more in the Navy but most people say the Air Force is a cushy job. You really need to take the ASVAB and decide what kind of work you wanna do, and then talk to a couple of recruiters.|||Air Force, because you do have less chance at getting shot down. But if I were you, I wouldn't go into the military, full stop.|||I would have to say the Army|||the one that stays home|||NONE|||I would choose the Navy. I was in the Marine Corps. The Navy has by far the best food of the four branches, although I wasn't too fond of life on a ship. Living conditions are cramped.|||Depends on who you ask, the question is which is better for you.


My order would be, personally,


AirForce--Easy Street


Army---A lot of BS


Marines--So I can be brainwashed and forget who I am.


Navy--ummm Just No|||It depends on like a million factors.|||Coast Guard|||Both good, but you choose, I like the Navy.


But, I was a sergent in the Army medical corps ... so what do I know ... I liked the army too ... most of the time.





Good luck young person,


Jonnie|||Air Force, better food, better skills and a less chance of coming back in a body bag!|||If you want the job done..........call the MARINES ;)|||marine corp|||Think of the mission/purpose of each of the services.





The army is to shoot a rifle, canon, or be part of a tank crew, with a little bit of helicopter flying. Everyone in the army does or support that.





The Air Force purpose is to fly planes to support the war, fighters, bombers, all kinds of support aircraft. Mission is to fly and all Air Force personal either fly or support that.





If you want to walk and crawl on the ground, join the army.





If you want to repair or fly aircraft, and sleep in a comfortable bed,


join the Air Force.|||a lot ot ppl say that the air force will treat u better, i'm planning on joining the marines though|||I would say the Navy or Air force because they seem to have more technical jobs to train for which can be used for college credit. Also, the comfort level was better than laying out in the mud. The Air Force bases I visited were nice and had a lot of things to do also. The thing that I noticed about the Air Force when compared to the Navy was that the potential to advance in rank was slower. I was a 2ND Class Petty Officer (E-5) at 21. When I went to an E-5, E-6 club at an Air Force base, I was the youngest guy there. People don't seem to want to leave the Air force so there's not much room to advance.





Another perk in the Navy was that I was able to circumnavigate the world. I visited Hawaii, Australia, Philippines, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Panama, and Canada in 3 years.|||Well it depends on a lot of things. From my personal experience, the Air Force can give you the most 'normal type' life. Most AF jobs are 9 - 5 type Monday thru friday days. Well many, at least. You will share a small room in a dorm with another airman, until you are probably E-4 or E-5, depending on if it's full or not.





Anyhow, Military bases/posts have normal type things on them - shopping, arcades, movie theatres, stores, coffee shops, Burger King, all that stuff.





The thing to do is, consider whether or not you are looking for a life time military career, vs. learning a skill you can use in your adult career life.|||None. If you have to.... the Coast Guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment