Monday, December 12, 2011

What Military Branch should I join for CIA Clandestine Service/ ROTC?

Hi





I'm a Senior in High School and I finally decided that i want to go into CIA Clandestine Services. Just wanted to know what Military Branch would be best for the CIA, also I'm planning on applying for ROTC from the Branch I choose.





Also, what should I major in college? I have to choose some technical major or Science for ROTC, I was thinking Physics or some type of engineering major.|||Doesn't matter on the branch... They only look through Special Operations and Special Forces.





Basically, they need to have 300 PFT (which most guys do in SpecOps), 2nd or 3rd language speaking skills, well-educated (they mostly look for college grads), no waivers for drugs, Top Secret Clearance...





Basically the Special Operations community creates a Pool of possible recruits for the CIA.|||Well obviously you'll want to go into a reserve force, that way you can go to college at the same time and ROTC will keep you away from being shipped overseas. You can't be too picky right now because each branch's reserves are pretty full. Because of this, training slots are few which means that you'll have a very limited selection of jobs. Intel would be a good way to go, but so would any combat roles. I would go National Guard, personally, which is what I plan to do. Ironically, I was thinking about the Clandestine Service myself. I thought I might go to college for two semesters, hit up basic over the summer, then miss one or two semesters next year for AIT. Then, the summer after that I was hoping to be accepted into the Clandestine Service's internship, which I'd do for two summers if I was accepted.|||You cant just sign up for it like you can the Army or Navy. They pick their operatives from the Special Forces community, so if you want to get in to the Clandestine Service you need to get into one of these Special Forces units:





US Army


Green Berets


75th Ranger Regiment (Rangers)


160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment ("Night Stalkers")


4th Psychological Operations Group (Airborne)


1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D) "Delta Force"





US Navy


SEALs


Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen


United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group "DEVGRU" (SEAL Team 6)





US Air Force


352d Special Operations Group


353d Special Operations Group


1st Special Operations Wing


27th Special Operations Wing


Combat Control Team


Air Force Special Operations Weather Technician


United States Air Force Para-rescue





US Marine Corps


Marine Special Operations Battalions


MSOAG


Force Recon|||You want to go to Georgetown University in Washington, DC and major in foreign service with a minor in a middle eastern dialect. Study really hard, cross your fingers and toes, make some tight connections and then, maybe......|||Actually none. If you are going into the Clandestine Service they will not want someone who was military. The look for a high GPA from a major school. A foreign affairs degree or a degree of study (african and middle eastern studies are big).|||I recommend Military Intelligence. Maybe a Signals Intel Analyst, or a linguist. as for college, there are degrees in intelligence, but ITT is always needed. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment