Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the best branch of military to go into for a female?

Ive recently been looking into joinng the military but not sure what i want to do. Im not looking for combat or anything like that. Im a strong minded girl and believe I would be able to make the commitment. Im really interested in the help for tuition, travel, pay and benefits. If I were to join what branch should i look into?|||The Air Force. I am a 24y/o female and I have been in for 6 years. I have friends and family in all the other branches and they are all jealous of the Air Force.





Medical jobs are pretty awesome. I am a Mental Health Technician and I absolutely adore my job. Please contact me via e-mail for any information. Please do not listen to the BS the recruiters will feed you.|||All of the branches offer the same benefits for tuition, and each branch pays the same according to rank and time in service. The Army probably offers more in the way of sign-on incentives.





I always hear people saying the Air Force is "family friendly" - well that is true only so far as the mission can accommodate you. When I was in the Air Force, there were plenty of times I had to put family aside for mission requirements. I had to work weekends, nights and holidays. Same goes for my Air Force husband...so take the "family friendly" thing with a grain of salt.





Anyway, much depends on other things you would like to get out of your military experience. The Army roughs it a bit more (actually alot more in my experience lol) than the Air Force, not sure about Navy. Look into each branch, talk with recruiters and see what jobs you qualify for and are available. Godo luck|||It really depends on what you want to do. Do you want to be a nurse? Do you want to fix cars? Do you want to work on computers? Do you want to build stuff? A female can hold about 98% of jobs in the military. If you like to rough it with the guys, then try something like civil engineering, cop, mechanic, or something along those lines. If you like the more less dirty roles, then you can be a nurse, cook, computer programmer, receptionist, protocol, or whatever floats your boat. I would suggest the Air Force personally, but I'm a little biased because I'm in the Air Force. Just chose a branch that you think would suit your personality.|||If I were female, I would go Air Force. There is nothing wrong with any of the other branches, but the USAF is more "family" oriented. Lconnor is correct. Combat may find you in any branch of service and in whatever job you may pick.|||Doesn't matter combat may find you. You get basic skills for a reason and you can be deloyed no matter what branch.|||Air Force.





As long as you preform your job well and do well on PT you'll easily be respected as well as any man.

No comments:

Post a Comment