Sunday, December 4, 2011

What branch of the Army gives you the quickest priority to achieve the rank of General?

There are different branches like Armor, field artillery, infantry, military intelligence, etc.





What is the branch that gives you the most leadership and decision making situations in which you can prove your skill and rank up?|||I will cut through the cr@p and give you the academic answer. The earliest that BG can be made is twenty-five years. These promotions are usually branch specific. Infantry officers will command Infantry brigades. FA officers will command FA brigades. And so on. Once an officer becomes a MG their are combined commands within Divisions. As a LG and a Corps commander there are even more combined commands. A Corp commander will command Armor divisions as well as Infantry divisions. A full general who commands a numbered army with mixed corps. General can be made in any branch few will do it.





I was in the Navy for twenty-five years. I had what would be considered an excellent career. I was promoted through 0-6 in every zone. I made captain at 20 years 6 months. To put this in perspective the great Marine hero Barney Barnum made 0-6 in twenty-three years. I realized at 15 there was very little chance (not no chance) that I would ever get a star. At twenty-five I knew my career was over. I could have gone for thirty but I had other options. The chance of making general (or admiral) is so remote, never even plan on it.





The only possible exception to this is by being the son of a general. Patton's son was a general, Ike's son was a general, MacArthur's father was a general. But Halsey's son was a captain.





Do what you want to do. Let nature take its course.|||Infantry and Military intelligence. You aren't going to become a general anytime soon. It takes a minimum of like, 30 years of service, and then you're up against everyone else who also qualifies.|||one out of 500k make general.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVW5WWnxd鈥?/a>


pass it on...|||Combat Arms generally,,,,West Pointers usually make it quicker than others.|||It's not so much what you do, it's who you know

No comments:

Post a Comment