Sunday, December 4, 2011

What branch of service is better and why?

I plan to join the medical corps of either the Army, Air Force, Navy, or National Guard. I am having a little trouble determining which branch to join. Any ideas?|||None are better. They all are different. They all have different missions.





What types of duty seems to interest you the most? Do you want to be a Dive Medical Officer? Do you want to be a Flight Surgeon?





There are many fields of medicine to go into and each branch offers a wide variety. If you like sea service and would like to go on a ship, then consider the Navy.





If you want to work in something like MASH consider the Army. (The Navy has field medical officers who are attached to the Marines)





National Guard is good if you want a part-time job. Although you still can be activated and deploy somewhere (anywhere).





I was a Navy Corpsman. I worked with Navy Doctors. I am partial to Sea Service because I liked to deploy and go around the world. I don't get sea sick and I love water. (I'm out now).





All services have outstanding hospitals with full services that are similar. In a hospital environment the services are very much alike for day to day job.





If you are an Orthopedic Surgeon, you do the same job. If you are a General Practice Doc then you see all the common illness. If you are an OB/GYN or a pediatrician (military kids are taken care of in some places) you are likely to be at a larger facility. It depends on your specialty of what you will be actually doing.





I guess you have to look at what each branch offers. Most everyone will be partial to the branch that he or she served in because the are most familiar with it.





Army doctors are just as good as Navy doctors, I just knew more Navy Drs because I was Navy. I did work with a few Army medical personnel and found them to be very professional. We had a lot in common, but each service has its own customs and traditions that make it different.|||No branch is better than any other.|||The most dangerous would be The Army, National Guard, Navy, Then Air Force.|||Kayy, you shut the f u c k up. The Army is for people who think the Army is right for them. Try telling a Green Beret, Delta Force, Task Force 160, or a Ranger that he could make it in any other branch. Is your *** even in service?|||There are a lot of branch to branch rivalries, and conversations about which branch is better than the next. The truth is, each branch has it's own specific job in our nations military. You would have to research each branch and it's primary function to see what medical personnel does for their branch, and match that to what you're interested in.|||I agree with 19D. Kayy is a f u c k i n g IDIOT. You mean to tell me I wouldn't be able to make it in the Marine Corps where i'd only have to do 3 pullups/chinups(if i want to), 50 CRUNCHES, and i'd get 13 minutes to run 1 more mile? I hate stupid civilians...|||It really all depends on what you want to do and what you like. I personally like the Army %26amp; the Air Force.|||AIR FORCE!!! BETTER CLEANER BASES..... i did the navy. really sucked!

No comments:

Post a Comment